Friday, September 07, 2007

Countdown to Moving

Whew. In seven days, i will be on the road somewhere in east Tennessee, working my way towards DC. All sorts of stuff is piled up creatively around my house; my mother appears to be nearing a nervous breakdown every time she looks at the mounds for more than ten seconds. But it'll be over soon, right? Right?

i have little new to report, other than the resolution of a few dates. 24 September is when all of my possessions will be packed up and shipped out, and 2 November i will find out when and where i am going.

On the suggestion of one friend, i think i will institute a weekly feature or two. Every Wednesday evening (chosen because it will coincide with the end of her worst class each week, when she'll need a laugh), i will try to post some amusing anecdote about either the morass of bureaucracy i encounter or entertaining cross-cultural misunderstandings. i could easily be convinced to add another weekly feature, if suggestions for theme are good enough.

By this point, i think i have my readership list fairly well set. Everyone, shake hands with the reader sitting next to you. Play nice in the comment sections, don't run with scissors, and enjoy the ride! i think i will - once i'm in DC, not now!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Hannah,
    thanks for putting me on your site. I will try to keep up with you.
    And thanks for making your comment on my web site. I now understand that the author of afghanistanica is as you say at IU. Sarah knows him. Anyway, as you say, he is likely to discover my response to him. Thanks. RLCanfield

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty incredibly enthusiastic about this reading. Write on, friend.

    PS: I saw Drury the other day. She still has no idea what year I am, but maybe when I someday graduate she'll get it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this place has a very classy and modern feel to it. It's clean and sharp. I can see why you left us. When you say you'll know where you're going on November 2, you mean you know what part of the service you'll be working in, right? You're not talking about leaving the country are you? Cause that would just be crazy.

    Anyway, just thought I would make my debut comment on here. I'm glad to be along for the adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You rock, hannah! I can't wait to get back from Intro to Historiography Hell and read your weekly post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Howdy hannah,

    Thanks for inviting me to this little community of yours. Looking forward to welcoming you to the District just as soon as you arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hannah- Just to let you know how awesome I think you are, I created a fifth email address that I didn't need just to read your awesome blogs. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is it...we're off to DC in a few minutes. The "Grand Adventure" begins (to quote a dead relative)!

    ReplyDelete