Monday, October 01, 2007

The Final Bid List!

It's submitted, and now my life is in someone else's hands. Oh god... The day of reckoning is 25 October. i have to stay distracted until then!

HIGH (8 countries, 9 cities, 10 spots)
Baku, Bogota, Colombo, Ho Chi Minh City, Islamabad, Istanbul, Jeddah, Riyadh, Santo Domingo

MEDIUM (25 countries, 40 cities, 54 spots)
Abuja, Asmara, Beijing, Brasilia, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Chengdu, Ciudad Juarez, Dubai, Geneva, Guadalajara, Guangzhou, Guatamala City, Guayaquil, Hermosillo, Hong Kong, Johannesburg, Kingston, Kuala Lumpur, Lagos, Lima, Manila, Matamoros, Mexico City, Monterrey, Nuevo Laredo, Paris, Port au Prince, Port Moresby, Port of Spain, Pretoria, Recife, Rio de Janeiro, San Salvador, Seoul, Shanghai, Tegucigalpa, Taipei, Tel Aviv, Warsaw

LOW (2 countries, 3 cities, 3 spots)
Baghdad, Iraq (provincial position outside Baghdad), Jerusalem

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've been quite reasonable in your bid list...about like I was! My philosophy was, if you'd be happy in any number of places, then you're not likely to be disappointed! Everywhere has something to offer, something interesting!

    You and I should be learning of the results of our bidding around the same time! My bids are due October 12...right now my top five choices are Toronto, Tegucigalpa, Barbados, Jamaica, and Bogota...all Con/Pol rotations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear god, if we end up in the same post, i'm going to be really, really weirded out. i doubt it's likely, but still...

    Did you do Follies at the retreat? i got a sneak preview of my mockery today; it involves me asking why i'm going to Ciudad Juarez if i speak Arabic, Spanish, Hebrew, Farsi, Azeri, Vulgur Latin, Chichewa, Tagalog....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I was one of the co-writers of the follies, and acted in one sketch, although it wasn't my finest hour! I had my mind on far more important things at that time!

    Everyone is urging me toward Bogota...perhaps we could end up serving together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like Bogota won't fly...the job starts too late and they won't let me hang around for five months with nothing to do!

    My CDO did say that they'll be out in the woods on your retreat for a week starting tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete