- I am addicted to Burt's Bees - I have found at least eight stubs of BB lip gloss today alone. This is after I bought four or five to get me through my first few months in Riyadh.
- I have enough sheet and towel sets to furnish a medium-sized B&B.
- In addition to the bedrooms at this B&B, I have enough knives and kitchen utensils to outfit its kitchen. You may draw your own conclusions as to why I have about 15 brand-new, very sharp knives in my possession.
- At some point in my life, I raided the Rendezvous' stash of moist towelettes and placed the entire haul into the inner pocket of every purse I own - in the event that I have a BBQ emergency, evidently.
- I have pairs of jeans in every size from 4 to 12, only about half of which fit me at any given time...
- ...yet I can still wear my Dolphinstock shirt from ASMS 2003.
- My color palette in my professional wardrobe has recently branched out. I formerly owned suits that were entirely or almost completely black; I have recently added dark gray and dark brown. I don't want to go too crazy here.
- I have never moved to any place where I couldn't use my car to get there, and so I could always just leave shirts on hangers for the drive. Folding nearly every shirt I own, knowing that when I see them again in two months they will be wrinkled nearly beyond repair? Not cool.
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Things I have discovered while preparing for my packout (ie, movers show up to box my things and put them on the truck to Saudi Arabia) tomorrow.