Sunday, November 23, 2008

It's All About Perspective

Weather for the past month has been fabulous - light rain every so often, followed by five to ten days of perfectly blue skies with mid-70s afternoons and pleasantly brisk evenings.  Seriously, this is my favorite kind of weather, the mythical fall days we see perhaps once or twice a year at home. 

However, the people who've lived her longer than I have seem to view "winter" differently.  It started when one of my coworkers started wearing his coat at his desk.  Then we noticed Saudis rolling in to interviews with leather bomber jackets over their thobes.  Today, I saw one of our local guards wearing a beanie and a fleece sweater over his uniform.  It was 67 degrees at 6.45 AM.

I read these signs as being uniformly discouraging for what I should expect this summer.

1 comment:

  1. Totally jealous of your awesome weather! It's dark, cold, and miserable here!

    ReplyDelete