Thursday, October 15, 2009

It's COLD! And RAINY!

Yesterday, winter weather struck - it never got above 55 degrees, and it rained off and on most of the day. Today looks to be the same, but colder and wetter. Now, I'm sure the novelty of this will wear off soon, but for the moment, I'm still rather thrilled. I don't even mind that my heater is broken and my apartment gets no warmer than 63 degrees - it gives me an excuse to wear cashmere sweaters and comfy pants around the house! Beej, we're not in Riyadh anymore!

Post-Riyadh, I'm not really prepared for winter. I didn't turn my heater on at all while I was there - I merely turned the air conditioner off for a few weeks. My winter clothes were never unpacked in Saudi and were sent straight on to Istanbul. I'm not even sure where my wool trench coat or fluffy goosedown coat is.

So, anyone up for winter clothes shopping this weekend?

1 comment:

  1. One coat being UPSed to DC from WM today. Aren't you glad Beej is a "plus-size" kitty.

    ReplyDelete