Friday, August 06, 2010

Kolbi and Shannon Have Their Toe Shoes...

...but I have the power of Google Reader!

I came in from a briefing this morning to find everyone in my office crowded around one computer screen.  As I walked in, they all simultaneously turned around and froze when they saw me.  Clearly, there were shenanigans going on here.  Turns out, everyone was reading this blog.  So, to all my coworkers in the office, stop slacking off on a Friday!

After everyone dispersed, I kept talking to my cubiclemate, who asked how I keep up with so many blogs.  When I started describing Google Reader, her interest grew...  and then I showed her how to set up her own feed.  For the record, this is the fifth person I have converted to using Google Reader, including my own sainted mother.  The Google Reader hegemony grows!  (Though not as fast as the toe shoe invasion.)

7 comments:

  1. Your mother hasn't been Sharing enough stuff lately!

    Also: "What's On My Shelves" shows Wheelock's Latin?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will figure out google reader tonight but first me and my pink toe shoes will be heading to the natural history museum. THe boys want to see the dinos (again).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for the power of google reader!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Google Reader. I have you on it, in fact.


    I always find it odd when someone I know in real life mentions that they've been reading my blog. Why is that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Sainted mother"...that has to be a first.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Arrived here from Google Reader ;) .. .still no toe shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Donna - no clue, but I totally understand. There are now three of us at my post who blog, and we're eventually all going to have this awkward moment at a social event where we're standing, drinks in hands, saying "Yep... so... you like the font Trebuchet, eh?"

    ReplyDelete