Thursday, September 02, 2010

Tis the Season

Another perk about my job: I get US and local holidays!  This means that I didn't have work on Monday, because it was Zafer Bayrami (Victory Day), and next Monday is Labor Day (ours).  Also, from 1 PM on Wednesday through Friday, I have Seker Bayrami (end-of-Ramadan holiday).  The upshot?  I am taking tomorrow off and flying to Malta for four days on the beach with friends I worked with in Riyadh.  I am the duty officer during the long holiday, so I can't leave Istanbul...  getting my holiday travel in while I can!

Macedonia last weekend, Malta tomorrow.  Love it.  I'll be thinking about you as I sit by the pool with drink in hand!

8 comments:

  1. The week's been too busy - I'll post everything when I get back. You'll like the Ohrid photos, lots of stuff about St. Clement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it, can't wait to see all the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, back to back 3 day weekends and another day of later in the month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for vacations! Hope you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I just say I love your travelin' spirit?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like someone's having a high ol' time in the near east. Can't wait to see the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Knowing how you hate for someone to bug you via email...yes, where are the damn pics?

    As always,
    Your loving mother

    ReplyDelete