Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Thanks for the Encouragement, Y'all

Periodically I like to stroke my ego and look at the audience data Blogger provides for each blog.  You know, what posts are read the most, what sites refer the most to this one, and the countries with most readers.  (Whoever's in the Northern Mariana Islands must LOVE me, judging by the hit count.)  The best, though, is the list of search terms that lead to your site.  Most of mine are variants of my name and the title - ["slow move" hannah], [hannah slow move east], ["hannah draper" "move east"], and the like.

Whoever found me by searching ["foreign service" slow career progression] wins a beer from me for your chutzpah.  I prefer to think that my career is progressing at exactly the right speed for it, and I'll thank you very much to keep your nose out of how I choose to raise my career!  That's a very personal decision.

8 comments:

  1. Awesome! Don't worry, I'm sure you'll be an Ambassador before your 137th birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Classic! Gotta love the search terms...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone found my blog by typing in ""headgear" braces site:blogspot.com
    " WTF?

    Also, I found out we have a mutual friend in Istanbul, Gillian. Small world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol! That's awesome. I love the stats tab.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is too funny! Does this person know you're only 61 years old?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Mumsy - do you mean Justin, who left the first comment, or the person who was searching for me?

    @Helen - not surprised! How do you know her? It's a small world!

    ReplyDelete
  7. And now Hannah is a star, courtesy of The Washington Post!

    FED FACES: Hannah Draper

    ReplyDelete